Dr. Valbuena was born and raised in Guayaquil, Ecuador. After earning his degree in his hometown he moved to New York in 2008 to begin his residency. Living in multiple countries, Dr. Valbuena has a love for learning about new cultures and enjoys traveling to new destinations with his wife and kids.
Why the medical field?
Dr. Valbuena has had a life long passion for helping others. He chose to go into the medical field so he could dedicate his life to improving the lives of as many people possible.
During his interview with GMG Dr. Valbuena learned of their tradition to treat every patient like family. He knew immediately that he wanted to be a part of a team that cared so deeply for their patients and joined GMG shortly after in 2017.
- University of Guayaquil in Ecuador
- Flushing Hospital Medical Center in Flushing, New York
- Moderate Sedation Certification
- Basic Life Support with AED Certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support with the American Heart Association
â€œI provide constant support and care to my patients”