PATIENT BILLING, PAYMENT & INSURANCE
PROVIDING HEALTHCARE TO SAN ANTONIO RESIDENTS FOR NEARLY 60 YEARS
Gonzaba Medical Group believes you deserve the best care possible. Browse the list below to see why patients trust Gonzaba with their medical care.
All Under One Roof!
- Full-service Radiology: Bone Density, CT, MRI, Mammography, Sonography, Vascular Studies, Laboratory, Physical Therapy and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Specialists: Endocrinology, Hematology/Oncology, Infectious Diseases, Podiatry, Rheumatology, and Wound Care.
Urgent Care Centers
- Our urgent care centers are open 7 days/ 365 days a year from 8am – 8pm.
- We coordinate and monitor your care with specialists.
Complimentary Transportation Assistance
- Transportation to and from doctor’s appointments and/or other medical related facilities is available for those with medical or financial needs.
- Licensed nurses available to help with your complex healthcare needs.
- Located at each clinic dedicated to assist you with your healthcare needs.
Meet our doctors and staff. Tour our clinics. No obligation.
BILLING, PAYMENTS & INSURANCE
Gonzaba Medical Group participates with many HMOs and PPOs. We accept most other insurance plans. If your insurance plan has a co-pay, you will be expected to cover that cost before services are rendered. If you request services that are not considered covered benefits by your health plan, you will be notified that payment for those services will be your responsibility. We have patient advocates to help you with your billing and insurance questions.
If you have any questions regarding your bill, please call our Business Office at 210-921-3803 and choose option 5.
Plans we accept:
- Amerigroup; Amerivantage Classic (HMO)
- Amerigroup; Amerivantage Select (HMO)
- Amerigroup; Amerivantage Dual Coordination (HMO SNP)
- Blue Cross/ Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Choice Plus (PPO)
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Choice Premium (PPO)
- Community First HMO
- First Health/Coventry
- Medicaid – Existing patients only
- Superior Health
- UHC Chronic Complete (HMO SNP)
- UHC Dual Complete (HMO SNP)
- UHC AARP MCR Complete Secure Horizons (HMO)
- UHC AARP MCR Complete Essential (HMO)
- United Health Care
- Other Commercial Carrier (Upon Verification if we are an in network provider)
- Most Workers Compensation Plans
- Personal Injury
If you don’t see your insurance listed above, please call 210-921-3803 and choose option 4, to see if we accept your plan.
NOTICE TO AMERIGROUP/AMERIVANTAGE MEMBERS:
UM decision making is based only on appropriateness of care and service and existence of coverage. The organization does not specifically reward practitioners or other individuals for issuing denials of coverage. Financial incentives for UM decision makers do not encourage decisions that result in underutilization.
There is an established, impartial process for resolving members’ disputes and responding to member requests to reconsider a decision they find unacceptable regarding their care and service. Amerivantage members are able to request an independent, external review of final UM determination.
Our Referral Staff is available Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm (CST) to assist you. You may call us regarding referrals, service questions or UM Decisions. We are here to help! Please call us:
- (210) 921-3803 option 4, or
- (844) 800-9846, toll free, or
- (210) 921-3800, collect if need be, or
- Hearing impaired please dial the 711 TTY number
- Fax line is available 24hrs (210) 334-2862.
Primary care physicians fall into one of two categories: family medicine doctors and internal medicine doctors. The most significant difference between the two is internal medicine doctors care for adults. A family practitioner is a pediatrician and internal doctor...