FIND A Doctor
Castro Pena, Alexandra MD
Board Certified Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease
Accepting New Patients. Dr. Castro is a primary care physician and an infectious disease specialist.
Dr. Castro-Pena was born and raised in Bogota, Colombia. When she is not at work helping her patients, she enjoys going to concerts and most importantly spending time with her family including her beautiful daughter.
Why the medical field?
Since childhood, Dr. Castro-Pena has had a passion for helping others. Following her passion, she chose a career in the medical field, so she could provide help to support a group of patients who are most in need.
Dr. Castro-Pena joined GMG in 2016. She chose Gonzaba because of the location of the clinics and felt a connection with the patients that they serve.
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Bogota, Colombia for medical school and internal medicine residency
- University Health Science Center in San Antonio, TX for internal medicine residency and infectious disease sub-specialty
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Board Certified in Infectious Disease
- Colombian Internal Medicine Society member
“I am always available to meet my patients needs”